This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.



Commonly Asked Questions

How do I reserve a Park shelter house?
Call City Hall to reserve a shelter house, 660.433.2323.  There are 4 shelter houses available: Lions Club (by the softball field at the Ferguson Ave entrance), Gerbes (in between the basketball court and restrooms), Lake and 8-ball (by the caboose at the Wade Blvd entrance).
Who do I contact for utility services?
Water, Sewer and Solid Waste: City Hall, 660.433.2323
Electricity: AmerenUE, 800.552.7583
Natural Gas: Spire, 800.582.1234
Phone & Internet: Co-Mo Connect, 800.781.0157 or CenturyLink, 866.304.6820
What is Tipton's sales tax rate?
The City's tax rate is 8.725%.1% is for general use; .25% is for fire protection and .50% is for transportation.The remainder goes towards other government agencies.
What are the regulations for golf carts and utv's?
  • An inspection must be performed by the City Marshal.
  • In order to pass inspection the vehicle must have a safety flag that extends at least 7 ft above ground and proof of insurance must be provided.
  • The permit fee is $30 and is valid for 2 years.  
  • The MO State Highway Patrol has issued a guide for driving recreational vehicles: State Recreational Vehicle Guide 
Who do I report street light outages to?
If you see a street light out, please call city hall, 660.433.2323.  Ameren will be contacted to fix the light.  Each street light pole has an identifier that begins with TT, followed by a number (ex. TT-01); providing this information is beneficial.
Are dog and cat tags required?
Yes. Neutered males and spayed females are $10. Intact animals are $25.Proof of current rabies vaccination is required. Limit of 3 animals per household.